Assistant Branch Manager - Leander
|Title:||Assistant Branch Manager - Leander|
POSITION PURPOSETo direct and coordinate the activities of staff in a remote Credit Union facility, aiding the Branch Manager in ensuring the branch meets organizational financial, operational, growth plans and sales and service goals through service excellence. In support of the Branch Manager, assumes administrative responsibility for the daily activities of the Credit Union’s branch to include member services and teller functions. Ensures members are promptly and professionally served. Acts as Branch Manager as necessary. Performs various branch functions as required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for assisting in the supervision of branch operations.
- Ensures operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies, legal and regulatory requirements, and audit standards. Provides suggestions for improved effectiveness.
- Ensures branch security. Assists with opening and closing the building in accordance with set hours. Tests security equipment as assigned.
- Ensures the branch balances all transactions at the close of each day. Proofs Tellers, runs related reports, and balances the vault at the end of each day. Provides assistance to Tellers as needed. Completes month end certification of all cash items and negotiable instruments. Produces required reports and records and ensures that branch functions are properly documented.
- Assists with Financial Service Representative functions. Performs duties related to loan processing, certificates of deposit, IRAs, and direct deposit functions. Assists in opening new member accounts and with loan closings and disbursements.
- Promotes branch business development and seeks to broaden member base. Actively cross sells Credit Union products and services.
- Acts as a Loan Officer, processing and approving member loans within established policies and limits
- As assigned, assume the duties of staff member at any branch in the absence of the position holder.
- As needed, serve as back up for Home Office Branch Coordinator in producing and distributing sales and other administrative reports for all branch locations, project development and implementation, balancing transactions, and assisting with complex transactions.
- Assists with implementing changes to established policy and procedures within the branch.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relations with branch staff.
- Provides assistance, direction, and supervision as needed including guidance for Tellers, and when assigned, serve as back up for the Branch Manager with Financial Service Representatives.
- Reviews and monitors the work of branch staff. Provides suggestions and support as necessary.
- Assists with orientation of new employees and staff training sessions. Ensures staff are well trained in all phases of their respective jobs.
- Performs cross training as necessary.
- Assists with determining appropriate staffing levels and scheduling employees.
- Assists with tracking individual progress and conducting performance appraisals. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed.
- Contribute to the Credit Union’s growth by learning and consciously applying the consultative selling skills to create financial options which lead to sales closures and quality referrals. Develops an in-depth knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services and successfully meets the specified level of sales goals. Educates and promotes use of multiple delivery channels for member.
- Ensures members' requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved. Answers members’ questions or refers appropriately. Verifies deposits and provides payoff and bluebook quotes.
- Ensures members are informed of Credit Union services, products, and policies. Cross-sells products and services.
- Ensures the Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Replaces Branch Manager as necessary. Assists with staff functions as assigned.
- Ensures work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Branch services are efficiently and effectively delivered in accordance with established Credit Union policies and standards.
- Keeps Branch Manager informed regarding key issues within the branch.
- Assigns work to branch staff on a daily basis at the branch so that activities meet service excellence standards. Opens and closes branches as assigned.
- Performs administrative functions such as balancing general ledger accounts, reconciling, posting and approval of payroll and attendance records, sales reports, audit reports, maintaining employee audits and records, and vault maintained and reconciliation in the time frame set forth by the Credit Union. Required reports and records are accurate.
- Train, schedule, coach and evaluate teller staff. Provide input for the evaluation of Financial Service Representatives. Good working relations exist with branch staff. Assistance is provided as needed.
- To process member transactions with zero errors. Maintain an approval loan yield equal to previous six months and Credit Union annualized consumer loan portfolio yield.
- To enthusiastically sell all deposit, loan, and other services to current and prospective members. Determine, through active listening and asking pertinent questions, the most appropriate service to the member’s specific financial situation and goals. Expected to meet specified sales goals. In addition to generating sales, responsible for expanding relationships through quality member service.
- To maintain a professional, courteous and friendly atmosphere for members and co-workers.
- Members receive top priority over other responsibilities; practice teamwork to eliminate member’s waiting time.
- Good business relations exist with members and their questions and problems are promptly resolved.
- Provide prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly and professional service to all members waiting in the lobby within five minutes
- In an atmosphere of trust provide professional, prompt, efficient, courteous and accurate support to the members and branch office in processing of member deposit and loan accounts; work together as a team with a common goal of excellent service. Provide timely, respectful, courteous, and accurate service to internal members at service levels set by Credit Union.
- To develop and maintain knowledge and skills in Member Service, Teller and Lending Areas:
- To maintain a working knowledge of the Credit Union’s deposit and loan standards and governmental regulations.
To gain knowledge of all products with test results of 95%.
- Contributes to the overall security of the Credit Union by knowing and following security procedures. When assigned, maintain security of vault and Credit Union buildings.
- Complies with all Credit Union corporate expectations such as, but not limited to: maintain member confidentiality, adhere to Attendance and Punctuality Policy, adhere to Credit Union security policies, attending and actively participating in required meetings, training sessions and participate in assigned committees as required.
Accomplishes all major duties and responsibilities according to Credit Union policies and procedures and federal and state laws and regulations.
A college degree is preferred for this position. High school diploma ith additional coursework accepted.
Thorough knowledge of Credit Union products, services, and policies.
Understanding of Teller and Financial Service Representative functions. Knowledge of Loan Officer duties.
Two to five years of related operations experience required.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must have composure and ability to communicate well with members and co-workers. A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in additional to normal courtesy and tact. Well organized with good time management skills. Able to operate related computer applications and basic business equipment. Good supervisory abilities. Must be able to work independently and in a team setting. Must be accountable to goals and deadlines of job function. Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with unusual situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to ork a flexible schedule to correspond with variable workload.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Average Visual Abilities:
Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally.
Normal office environment where there is little physical discomfort due to temperature, noise and dust. A staff member may be
Detailed instructions and procedures are provided to minimize the robbery risk. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Able to interpret a
variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables. Ability to effectively analyze and make decisions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as addition, rates and percentages. Ability to compute discount, interest, and sales incentive.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technical procedures. Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, instructions,
and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style. Skilled in preparing and maintaining records. Ability to understand and apply the English language to problem solving situations. Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely, to present ideas, facts, and technical information. Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions, and make professional presentations.
Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of all job duties listed in the Job Descriptions in compliance with all Credit Union policies and procedures. The staff member is expected to follow instructions; receive guidance and supervision; follow work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meet deadlines; observe punctuality and attendance standards, present a professional appearance, cooperative attitude, and pleasant demeanor.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications